Thursday, January 28, 2016

Review ~ The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey

The 5th Wave
by Rick Yancey
Published: May 2013


Review:
With the movie version coming out soon, I figured I needed to read the book first. I'm glad I did, though I have a feeling the movie won't entirely capture what I loved about the book.

Honestly, there is nothing new to the concept Yancey brigs to life. It's a mix of Invasion of the Body Snatchers and The Host. Yet, he still managed to capture my interest. I loved that we had two story lines going on that at first seem connected only by the the aliens, but actually are connected in more ways.

There were a some twists that the reader sees coming long before Cassie or Zombie ever pick up on. This left me shaking my head, wondering how they could be so blind. Yet in their situations where they are desperate for something to hold onto, to give them hope, it was understandable that they force their doubts away.

While there is a bit of a romance aspect to the book, I would definitely say this book would appeal to a wide range of readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment